Friday, August 24, 2012

Branches to This Tree

Family trees are made up of many branches and it can get confusing with all the different names and family who uses the same names over and over. For example Our Bowen side of the tree, has a couple men in name Mason Bowen. It started getting hectic for me in researching these guys out. I had to start labeling I II II etc. Jr. wasn’t counting it for this branch anymore there were too many.

I was asked by a cousin, does the names Lafayette or Leroy a common name in our tree. Not in the 1800s, only in the 1900s. There is only one Lafayette that I was able to find so far. There is a few that used Leroy as either first name or middle name.  What I have found to be common names is those who are name after Presidents and famous people, like Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Andrew Jackson. And many woman were named Martha, esp. in the 1800s. Many family members will have their middle name that was taken from a first name of an uncle or aunt or used it as a first name. I have seen this often.

The Barron Tree has a couple main branches to it. I have made a couple blogs for each branch of the Barron Family Tree for easy viewing. It can get confusing with so many people on the tree. We have so far over 700 people on the tree and it keeps growing.

Roberts/Welday Family Tree Blog
Loafman/Bowen Family Tree Blog
Veteto Family Tree Blog


I will be adding more blog links for the Ludlums, Dineff/Mertens  and Jones as soon as I start them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment