Friday, August 24, 2012

Introduction

John Taylor Barron & Family




Hello, my name is Julie. This blog is for those who are interested in the Barron Family Tree.
I am writing this blog for future generations of Barron's who is interested in doing family tree research. I have a lot of information that I want our family to know and not get lost or forgotten. I decided to put my findings onto this blog. I am hoping cousins will find this and will answer any questions they have and be able to contact with me at Zulie55@yahoo.com 

I stared doing the Barron family tree in Nov. of 2011. My uncle Garmon Estes gave me a few family group sheets about 10 yrs ago. I tuck them to the side; due I was working on my dad's side of the family tree. 
This last year I decide it was time to start the Barron Family Tree. I have been on a heck of a ride ever since. I never thought I become a genealogy nut and enjoy it as much as I have.

I started out by using Ancestry.com and then I got the 2012 Family Tree Maker program. I put the information I had from the family group sheets onto the website. I then started checking out the census forms and compiling information from them and other records. They suggest that you work your way back through. I couldn't do that I went all different directions. I would bounce from the 1800s to the 1900s and then back to 1700s. And back to the 1800s. I would have to say most of my research this past year is of the 1800s and early 1900s.

I have managed to be able to be in contact with a couple distant cousins who have been trying to do the same thing and we have been helping each other. We have been sharing information and swapping pictures and helping each other with records searching. I like to thank Sally (Roberts Branch) and Evan (Barron / Ludlum Branch) Dale Fuzzy Barron (Barron Texas Branch) for their help with this, they have helped me out so much.  I have learned so much from them.





1 comment: