Sunday, July 26, 2015

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks John Barron 1770-1840

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks John Barron

 Today I am picking on John Barron. I believe he was born between 1766-1775. Many people have him on their trees born about 1770. I am estimating his birth date from his last census 1830 Hardin Kentucky. I am not able to find him after this date. I believe he may have died before 1840 in Kentucky. The earliest record I found of him in this area is 1805 Nelson Co. tax record and a marriage bond for 1805 of his step daughter Sophia Dixon, she married David Allin ( Allen) John married Susan Mattingly in Virginia. When I was researching for them being married in Virginia, I was looking for places in Virginia as we know it now. Not thinking of the time period of Kentucky being Virgina. A part of Nelson Co. became Hardin Co. ( Barron family lived at). I need to pay attention to history and look for those boundary changes. I am estimating that John came to Nelson about 1790 and he met Susan and they stayed in the area until they died. They had a son name Thomas Hudson Barron, another son name John Barron ( which I am a descendant of ) and a daughter name Martha Elizabeth Barron.

I believe that John had a brother name Augustine Barron who also came to Nelson Co. Kentucky about the same time as John. He ended up moving to Michigan. Augustine was born in Prince George Maryland 1771. He is the son of Samuel Cooksey Barron born 1730 Charles Maryland. I have DNA matches to this family line.

No comments:

Post a Comment