Thursday, May 27, 2021

Who is John Barron Daddy? Is it Samuel Cooksey Barron?

John Barron born before 1770 married Susan Mattingly. There has been speculation that his family line came from Charles Maryland and his father was Samuel Cooksey Barron. I wanted to see if this might be true or not. I and my uncles and a cousin took test on Ancestry.com. The results came in and I looked through my matches I saw two people who were descendants of Samuel Cooksey Barron son Augustine Barron show up on my test. I found another person who was a descendant of Thomas Hudson Barron. He was the son of John Barron and Susan Mattingly. We compared our matches they also had Barron's and Cooksey's from the Charles Maryland area. We also checked for the Burch's since Samuel married Millicent Burch and we both had the Burch family lines of Charles Maryland. I do feel very confident in this match.

I think Augustine Barron son of Samuel was in the same area as John Barron.  Augustine was in Nelson Ky in 1796. There is a marriage bond of him marrying Sarah Cissel, that has Thomas Mattingly as a witness. This tells me that Augustine knew Thomas Mattingly. This put another connection between the Mattingly's and Barron's beside John and Susan marriage during the same time frame. The Cissel's married into the Mattingly family line. I am not sure who this Thomas Mattingly is yet. 

 I still need to take the DNA test a step further and find others where I can compare through which chromosome and segment by triangulation. I would like to narrow down the Barron DNA Chromosome and segment the family line is on. We do have our raw data on Gedmatch and we are also on FTDNA and Ancestry.
Here is the Gedmatch kit#
A331138
A328891
A275236
I am hoping others who are from the Cooksey, Burch and Barron lines will compare our kits with yours and let me know if we match or not.

Update 5/27/2021

John Barron born about 1770 lived in Hardin Co. Kentucky. I was trying to see if I can find him Nelson Co Ky about the same time as Augustine Barron was there. Augustine married in nelson Co in 1796, and in 1810 he lived in Washington Co which was next to Nelson and Hardin Co. By 1820 Augustine moved to Union Co. The earliest record I found so far is of John Barron in 1805 being in Nelson Co. He sign his step daughter Sophia Dixon marriage bond.


Then after that in 1810 he was living in Elizabethtown in Hardin Co and then Little York, Hardin Co. I am not sure when he died. I think it may have been before 1830 since I have lost him in the census records. 



1 comment:

  1. I have gone back to the 1600's with Cooksey, Barron, Burch line. You can find me on Heritage DNA as Karen Barron Smith

    ReplyDelete